Baby Wearing Consultancy
Sling Hire Terms and Conditions
Sling Hire Terms and Conditions
Payment & Deposit
1. Hire fees for each sling/carrier/accessory must be paid in full at the time of signing this Agreement.
2. Payment must be made direct to the Owner’s bank account by direct transfer, or in cash. A receipt will be provided upon payment. Cheques will not be accepted.
3. Up-to-date hire fees and deposit amounts will be provided by the Owner during consultation or on request.
4. A deposit per item hired shall be paid to the Owner on the signing of this Agreement. The deposit will reflect a percentage of the value of the sling/carrier being hired and be returned in full at the conclusion of the hire agreement, providing the sling/carrier and any accessories are returned in the original hire condition.
5. No refund will be given for early return of slings/carriers under this Agreement.
6. All carriers/slings hired under this Agreement must be returned by 4pm GMT on the Agreed Date of Return as stated on Page 1.
7. A late return fee will be payable by the Hirer at a daily rate in the event a sling/carrier is not returned to the Owner at the conclusion of the Hire Agreement.
8. Any sling/carrier not returned by the Hirer 7 days after the Agreed Date of Return will be considered lost and action will be taken against the Hirer to recover the costs of the sling/carrier, and all associated costs of the recovery process.
9. Any dispute will be settled under the principles of UK Law.
10. All slings/carriers for hire will have been assessed and checked by the Owner prior to hire to ensure they are fit for purpose and all slings/carriers will be inspected by the Owner on return at the conclusion of the Hire Agreement.
11. The Owner will provide the Hirer with manufacturer’s instructions for safe use of the sling/carrier at Consultation.
12. The Hirer is entirely responsible for the safe usage of any sling/carrier hired under this Agreement. It is the Hirer’s responsibility to check all safety aspects of the carrier/sling before use.
13. If the Hirer is uncertain about any safety aspect prior to usage, they must not use the sling/carrier without further consultation with the Owner.
14. The Owner makes no warranty of any kind regarding the hire of slings/carriers, except that the Owner will replace any slings/carriers or other accessory that fails to operate in accordance with the Manufacturer’s specification and operating instruction.
15. The Owner is not responsible for any harm, injury or death caused to any individual whilst using the hired sling/carrier during the during the hire period or after the hire period has expired.
16. The Hirer shall keep the sling/carrier during the hire term in the condition listed in the sling/carrier hire inventory on Page 1 of this Agreement.
17. The Hirer must not wash/machine wash, soak or submerge the sling/carrier without prior written authorisation from the Owner.
18. The Hirer must not take any sling/carrier out of the UK without prior written consent from the Owner.
19. The Hirer shall compensate the owner in full for any permanent staining, loss, damage or theft of the sling/carrier occurring during the period of hire. Compensation to the owner will be at the RRP of a reputable UK or Worldwide seller or company selling the item, acceptable wholly to the Owner. The hirer will further compensate for all associated costs of replacement, including but not limited to travel, delivery and administration costs.
Data & Personal
20. The Hirer’s personal data will be kept in accordance with General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and not be passed on to third parties for marketing purposes without prior consent.
21. All slings/carriers and accessories remain the property of the Owner at all times.
22. Hiring is subject to availability, suitability and condition and is at the Owner’s discretion.